Thursday, August 8, 2013

In Jolly Olde!

Never a dull moment! I'm at the Birmingham Quilt Festival and having the time of my life. Meeting and catching up with all sorts of people - have had lovely chats (don't I sound a little more British already?) with Alicia Merrett, Sandra Meech, Lisa Walton and of course my travelling companion, Linda Beach. I taught cheesecloth sculpting the first two days, cheesecloth portraits today, and will teach Paintstiks on Saturday, followed by a lecture on Sunday afternoon. The students have been utterly delightful and from all parts - France, Ireland, Israel, and England, of course. On Sunday, I'll be off on the London leg of the journey.





But tomorrow ... my day off ... I will be able to view the quilts in the show and shop some of the vendor booths.

On my way back to the hotel last night, after class, I did a sneak preview of the show. Naturally, I wanted a peek at the SAQA exhibit "Metaphors on Ageing" as I have two pieces in it. I was delighted at how wonderful it looked, and pleased to have my pieces placed right at the entrances on both sides of the exhibition area. Eye candy follows, below.

Tomorrow I will report on the Charity Supper I'm attending tonight, where the keynote speaker is Mary Fisher. Do check back! (Is it just me or did you detect a slight British accent in that last bit?)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Why you sound completely at home in the old country!
    Enjoy the tea, scones and clotted cream, as well as the art and company. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travelling vicariously through you, Mary! LOL! What a wonderful time you are having. Good job walking, standing, teaching will compensate for those scones and clotted cream that Jeanne mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you...
    1) love God?
    2) love one another?
    Cya soon Upstairs.

    ReplyDelete